Counseling For Individuals And Families
Individual Counseling For Men This program is designed for men who:
- are new immigrants and have difficulties adjusting to the life in a new country feel depressed
- have low self esteem
- have problems with anger management
- have other personal or interpersonal problems The goal of this program is to help the individual person in crisis. Through counseling, PAA staff helps clients to deal with a variety of issues, learn how to resolve personal and interpersonal conflicts in socially acceptable ways, to become self sufficient and able to live a more fulfilling life.
Counseling for Women The Women's Counseling Program at PAA offers bilingual and bicultural counseling for Polish-speaking women. It is aimed to assist women who
- struggle with psychological effects of immigration,
- are depressed, anxious, lonely, lost, with low self-esteem
- are grieving
- are terminally ill
- struggle with psychological traumas from their past
- are in search for meaning in life
The program offers an integrative approach and a holistic view focused on gaining more effective control of one’s life and increasing one’s sense of confidence.